Interview with Lennox Walsh, U17 Boys National Team Coach about U17 Dominican Republic match1 min read
Yesterday you played agianst U17 Dominican Republic. What can you say about first and second half?
– Well in the 1st half we were taken a back by the 2 goals but we continue to work. In the 2nd half we went in trying our best to get that 1st goal to start the come back and made a few changes….unfortunately did not but in the dying minutes there was an own goal smh. The boys played hard an that’s what I ask them to do.
What kind of match did you expect agianst U17 Dominican Republic?
– We expected a very tough match seeing that it was their 1st game and this being our 2nd in the tournament.
What will you bring with you from this match to the match on Friday?
– We need to continue our work ethic and to remember that we representing our Country.
The match ends with an 3-0 win for U17 Dominican Republic. What was it that made this match so tough?
– I think that the Dominica Republic team players was a bit more fresh seeing that it was their 1st match.
Is there anything that you think that the players need to train more on?
– Yes we need to spend more time on set plays both in defense and attack.